Grace Bible ChurchStatement of Faith
“For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;”
Statement of Faith
1. THE BIBLE: The Word of God, the sixty-six Books of the Old and New Testaments,
verbally inspired in all parts, and therefore wholly without error as originally given of God (II
Tim. 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
2. THE ONE TRUE GOD: existing eternally as three persons – the Father, the Son, and the
Holy Spirit (Luke 3:22; Matt. 28:19; II Cor. 13:14).
3. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST: His pre-existence and deity (John 1:1-3), incarnation by
virgin birth (John 1:14; Matt. 1:18-23), sinless life (Heb. 4:15), substitutionary death (II Cor.
5:21), bodily resurrection (Luke 24:36-43), ascension into heaven and present ministry (Heb.
4:14-16), coming again (Acts 1:11) and ultimate judgment of the living and the dead (2 Tim. 4:1;
1 Pet. 4:5).
4. THE HOLY SPIRIT: His personality (John 16:7-15); and deity (Acts 5:3-4); and His work
in each believer: baptism and indwelling at the moment of regeneration (I Cor. 12:13; Rom. 8:9);
and filling (Eph. 5:18) to empower for Christian life and service (Eph. 3:16; Acts 1:8; Gal.
5. MAN: his direct creation in the image of God in two genders, male and female (Gen.
1:26-28), his subsequent fall into sin resulting in spiritual death (Gen. 3:1-24; Rom. 5:12), and
the necessity of the new birth for his salvation (John 3:3-5).
6. SALVATION: a complete and eternal salvation by God’s grace alone, received as the gift of
God through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work (Eph. 2:8,-9; Titus
3:5-6; I Peter 1:18-19).
7. THE CHURCH: one true Church, the body and bride of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23; 5:25-32),
composed of all true believers of the present age (I Cor. 12:12-13); and the organization of its
members in local churches for worship, for edification of believers, and for world-wide gospel
witness, each local church being autonomous but cooperating in fellowship and work (Eph.
8. CHRISTIAN LIFE: a life of righteousness, good works, and separation unto God from the
evil ways of the world (Rom. 12:1-2), manifested by speaking the truth (Eph. 4:25), maintaining
the sanctity of the home (Eph. 5:22-6:4), settling differences between Christians in accordance
with the Word of God (I Cor. 6:1-8), not engaging in carnal strife but showing a Christ-like
attitude toward all men (Rom. 12:17-21), exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22- 23), and
maintaining a life of prayer (Eph. 6:18; Phil. 4:6), including the privilege, when sick, of calling
for the elders of the church to pray and to anoint with oil in the name of the Lord (James
5:13-18). It is our sincere belief that marriage, as ordained by God, is defined as being between
one man who was born (genetically) a male, and one woman who was born (genetically) a
female. No other union will be performed or condoned by the pastors or members of Grace Bible
Church. (Gen.1:26-27, 2:15-24; Matt. 19:3-9; Rom. 1:26-27; 1 Cor. 6:9-10, 7:2).
9. ORDINANCES: The Christian should observe the ordinances of our Lord Jesus Christ,
which are (1) baptism of believers by immersion (Matt. 28:19)1 and (2) the communion service
(I Cor. 11:23-26).
10. SATAN: his existence and personality as the great adversary of God and His people (Rev.
12:1-10), his judgment (John 12:31), and final doom (Rev. 20:10).
11. SECOND COMING: the personal, visible, and imminent return of Christ to remove His
Church from the earth (I Thess. 4:16-17), and afterward to descend with the Church to establish
His millennial kingdom upon the earth2 (Rev. 19:11-20:6).
12. FUTURE LIFE: the conscious existence of the dead (Phil. 1:21-23; Luke 16:19-31), the
resurrection of the body (John 5:28-29), the judgment and reward of believers (Rom. 14:10-12; II
Cor. 5:10), the judgment and condemnation of unbelievers (Rev. 20:11-15), the eternal life of the
saved (John 3:16), and the eternal punishment of the lost (Matt. 25:46; Rev. 20:15).
1. In the extraordinary circumstance where a candidate for membership is physically
incapable of being immersed, the Board of Elders may choose an alternate mode of being
baptized. Alternate modes of believer’s baptism may also be deemed to meet this requirement at
the discretion of the Board of Elders.
2. This church teaches premillennialism but agreement with this position is not required for
This is a document of human origin. It may be in error. If and when, after careful study by the Board of Elders and the congregation, this document shall be found to be out of harmony with the teaching of Scripture, it will be altered to bring it into conformity with the teachings of the Bible.